Delicate, romantic bridal fashion inspiration featuring our couture accessories
The set of delicate vine-inspired bridal accessories featured in this romantic bridal fashion photo session is full of peach, pink, ivory, and blush pearl accents intricately woven together.
It was recently featured by Virginia Bride Magazine! So to celebrate, I’m sharing this gallery of my favorite images from the airy, intimately styled bridal portraits. Enjoy!
Romantic bridal jewelry inspired by natural florals
I love the interplay of tiny white buds from the bridal bouquet with the freshwater pearls in the vine-like jewelry set!
Creating contrast & structure
A pair of simple, geometric crystal earrings make the perfect accent for Libby’s loosely curled hair and intricately beaded bridal gown.
Champagne & Cake
These are perhaps my two favorite parts of a wedding – besides the romantic bridal jewelry, of course!
What’s your favorite part of Libby’s ethereal, romantic bridal look? Tell me in the comments!
Featured Romantic Jewelry Pieces:
You may remember Michelle’s custom jewelry story and her sapphire jewelry from earlier this year…
After falling in love with an unattainable antique necklace that she saw in a magazine, Michelle reached out to have me make a custom set of wedding jewelry for her using that necklace as inspiration.
Scroll down to see how she styled her custom sapphire wedding jewelry set!
Michelle’s personal style is one of classic elegance with sentimental touches.
She combined timeless pieces like her solitaire diamond engagement ring with personal details like hairstyling from her long-time friend Erica Cote of Silver Immersion.
Her sapphire jewelry set represents both of these important elements as accessories and new heirlooms. The style is ageless; and Michelle will enjoy remembering the happiness of her wedding day whenever she wears these special jewels.
Here’s what Michelle had to say about her custom sapphire jewelry and her custom design experience:
“Everything Alison created was totally beautiful and far met my expectations. I so enjoyed working with Alison in the months leading up to my wedding. She was extremely responsive, always willing to share ideas, quick to research my visions, and helpful with referrals to other vendors for my wedding planning. Not only did Alison create stunning pieces for my wedding, which my guests were talking about all night, she also became my friend.”
Michelle’s sapphire and diamond halo earrings and matching necklace were bespoke designs. To inquire about similar custom bridal accessories for your wedding, send me a message!
Credit for all photos: Britney Clause Photography
Sensitive ears don’t have to limit your bridal jewelry options. Here are my top 3 tips for choosing statement earrings for sensitive ears!
If you’re planning your wedding and have been looking for the perfect pair of statement earrings to match the dress of your dreams but have the “blessing” of sensitive skin (or, as I like to call it, “biological good taste“), chances are you’ve been frustrated by the selection of cheaply plated earrings at the bridal salons.
But having sensitive skin doesn’t have to limit your options! Your ears can sparkle as brightly as you want with a simple quality upgrade.
This post will guide you through 3 important features to look for when selecting statement earrings for sensitive ears. Additionally, you can click any of the photos in this post to shop my favorite picks from the J’Adorn Designs collection that fit the bill!
1. Choose earrings with sterling silver or real gold posts if you’re sensitive to metal quality and weight.
- A sturdy post with a secure backing will make sure your earrings stay put with minimal “swing” during the day.
- I always recommend a higher-quality precious metal for any pair of statement earrings for sensitive ears. Even if the earrings are not heavy, materials like sterling silver and real gold are gentler on the skin than base metals. Most of the earrings in my shop already feature sterling silver or gold filled components, but you can always ask for an upgrade too!
- If your earrings are heavy, high quality metals will help your sensitive skin be a little more forgiving of the weight and motion that might occur.
2. For dangle earrings, choose lever-backs over open hooks.
- Lever-back earrings, or hook earrings that close completely in the back, are a style that I always recommend for brides. This is because a closed earring is much less likely to fall out than one that is open! In my experience, they are also less likely to slide around inside your pierced earring hole, which makes for an extra level of comfort when wearing earrings all day.
- Once again, quality metals are key! Look for lever-backs that are sterling silver or at least gold-filled in quality. For a refresher course on metal quality & terminology, check out this previous blog post.
3. Choose earrings that are as lightweight as possible.
- It is possible to wear a pair of large-sized statement earrings for sensitive ears without lots of weight. (Just think about the feather earrings that were popular a few years ago!)
- Wire-wrapped styles are often lighter weight than solid metal frames with pronged stone settings.
- Alternative materials like lace, feathers, and even colorful acrylic are all creative options for adding a unique “pop” to your statement earrings without weighing down your earlobes.
If all else fails, you can always go custom!
If you’d simply like to save yourself the headache of testing every piece of jewelry against this list of criteria, you can always commission your own bespoke pair of statement earrings for sensitive ears! J’Adorn Bride Jill went this route and was thrilled with the results.
Whatever you choose, be sure to remember that it is possible to have the look and feel you want when it comes to your bridal jewelry!
Have you seen my new collection of handcrafted jewelry and modern bridal accessories? Today’s blog post focuses on one of the new additions to the hair accessories category in my shop, the Silver and Blue Crystal Bridal Hair Vine! You might remember this headpiece from my previous blog post about the winter wedding editorial from earlier this year.
This bridal hair vine is one of the most versatile pieces in my new collection because it can be placed anywhere in your wedding hairstyle. With its flexible wire and combs on either end, the possibilities for this wedding hair accessory are nearly endless!
Here are a few ideas to help inspire your wedding hairstyle using a bridal hair vine:
Across the back of your updo like the model in the picture
Across the front of your forehead for a more bohemian bridal hairstyle
As a traditional headband
Ask your hairstylist to weave the bridal headpiece through a braided bridal updo
Are you planning to wear a hair wine in your wedding hairstyle?
How do you plan to style it?
You and me by the sparkling sea…
The set of coastal wedding jewelry featured in this elegant bayside photo session is full of deep greens and sparkling druzies evocative of the ocean. Today it’s featured on Artfully Wed! So to celebrate, I’m sharing this gallery of my favorite images from the cozy winter beach session. Enjoy!
Coastal Wedding Jewelry Pieces: