New elements, techniques and materials are blooming in our new collection.
Ali is evolving as a designer. Behind the scenes (or, in little sneak peeks in our InstaStories) you may have noticed that she spends a lot of time investing in learning new jewelry-making skills and mastering new jewelers’ tools.
Here at J’Adorn, we’re excited to grow our brand with higher quality materials and new techniques in how we make the jewelry you love to wear.
We’re giving you a first look at some of our newest pieces (and some of the ones we are most proud of) here in this post.
Here are the elevated elements you can be looking for in the New Bloom Collection:
PRECIOUS GEMS, like:
- Watermelon tourmaline
- Gold-filled, rose gold-filled, and sterling silver are now standard
- (Our branch earrings used to be gold plated brass, but now we’re elevating the design with better materials so they’ll last longer and wear more comfortably!)
In addition to working with finer materials, we are expanding some of our signature elements. First up: DRUZIES!
For all the babes who love to rock our Druzy Gemstone jewelry, say hello to WHITE DRUZIES. They are the perfect cooler-colored counterpart to our best selling champagne druzies! And, we think they look stunning on just about every skin tone.
Here, we’re featuring our White Druzy & Rose Quartz Drop Earrings
We’re also expanding our much-loved “vine” wire wrapping style in this collection. Whenever we pop-up at artisan shows and maker’s markets, our wire wrapped pieces are SUCH conversation starters… and many of them leave our table and head off to their forever homes.
Blossoming in this collection, you’ll find:
- Coral branch earrings
- Watermelon tourmaline & rose quartz vine earrings
- Aquamarine branch necklace and matching earrings
- Rough tourmaline branch earrings
Life is better in COLOR, don’t you think?
We’re bringing you a RAINBOW of gemstones in this collection. We just cannot get enough of these colorful stunners. Add little pops of color to your wardrobe and get ready to hear ALL THE COMPLIMENTS!
If you’ve been following the J’Adorn brand for any length of time, you probably know how we feel about hair adornments. (OBSESSED!)
And, as much as we love them in neutrals, we are absolutely ga-ga for them IN COLOR!
Ali started designing hair combs and pins for brides, but when they were included on our table at shows and markets, ladies of all ages (and hair types & lengths) fawned over them. And so often at those events, non-brides took them home.
So… we’re giving the people what they want! And what they want is FULL COLOR HAIR COMBS!
If all that color still isn’t enough…
our best-selling delicate link bracelets come in new colors too!
*We’re especially crushing on our bracelet inspired by Pantone’s Color of the Year: Living Coral*
Finally, to finish out this collection we’ve added a few alternative bridal accessories with a bit of an edge. Historically, we’ve always leaned in to more of a delicate and botanical vibe for our bridal pieces. But all brides are NOT the same and we want to have a little something for the bride who wants to embrace a bit of a rough, natural side.
- textured freshwater pearls (pictured below)
- crystal quartz spikes (like in the hair comb and the bracelet below)
- rough gemstones (like the white druzy & rose quartz earrings)
We’ve worked so hard, and poured so much heart into this new collection. We’d LOVE to hear your feedback, because ultimately, it’s all for YOU.
Let us know which pieces you’re crushing on either here in the blog comments or on our social channels. We can’t wait to hear what you love most… or want to see more of!
Seniors: Are you ready for your close up?
Let us help you get camera-ready for your senior portraits with our easy breezy style tips. We’ve teamed up with a photographer friend and compiled some simple ideas to help you feel confident, polished and most importantly, like your best-self!
Our smartest photographer friends say that their clients always ask: What should I wear for my senior portraits?
Well, we’ve got you covered! We’ve teamed up with fellow TT Catonsville member Maria Ortiz Photography to give you a crash course in Senior Portraits 101.
Sharpen your pencils and grab your notebooks, seniors, style class is now in session!
STYLE TIP 1: Statement Jewelry
- Of course, we think tassel jewelry adds just the right amount of double meaning for a graduate, but it really is a great way to work some statement jewelry into your look.
- Pick tassels that work well with your complexion or eyes: Warm colors like those in our Tiered Tassel Earrings in Red Neutrals complement brown eyes and warm complexion.
- Add a hat if you’re comfortable (or bring one along to try out for a couple of shots)
STYLE TIP 2: Sparkly Earrings for Close Up Headshots
- We love our Druzy Jewelry pieces because they catch the light so well and really “show up” on camera.
- We’ve got them in *almost* as many shades as our tassels… and, with options available for silver, yellow gold or rose gold metal elements, you really can create the perfect look!
- For fair skin, we love the way our Black Druzy Earrings pop in a headshot.
STYLE TIP 3: Add pieces that showcase your personality, talents, and hobbies
- Here we’ve featured pointe shoes and posing in ballet positions (+jewelry to match)
- Let your creativity flow by creating your very own custom Tassel Earrings at our Tassel Bar… ask us how
- PRO TIP BONUS: schedule your senior photo shoots back-to-back with your bestie and capture some candid moments together!
So, there you have it! Three easy to accomplish tips to get you started as you plan. But really, the most important thing is to feel confident and have fun. Whatever you choose to wear, be sure it feels like YOU… just a little elevated (as Tan from Queer Eye would say).
And, here’s a secret bonus shot for those of you who read through to the end: A sneak peek at our White Druzy and Rose Quartz Drop Earrings from our brand new collection that’s dropping SO SOON!
*Love them? Need them? Be among the FIRST to shop them here!*
Here’s to the Class of 2019
Honestly, we don’t think there’s a more perfect graduation gift than Tassel Jewelry! Whether it’s a new spin on school pride or tassels for daily wear to remind her of all the hard work that earned her cap and gown, we’ve got you covered!
If you’ve been around here for any length of time, you know that our Tassel Earrings are CUSTOMIZABLE! We love to bring our design-your-own Tassel Bar to local pop-up events and parties. But if you have been admiring us from afar, have no fear!
Contact us and we can help you create the perfect pair!
Show your school pride! Tassels are a chic way to take your school colors (or favorite colors) into your new job. We still love our team hoodies… but, let’s leave those for the weekend!
Let us know what your school colors are! We’ll help you pair just the right tassels and gemstone beads to create the perfect pride pair. They’ll be the envy of every tailgate, too!
We love tassel earrings so much because they are easy and fun to wear…
- big, bold statement piece
- lightweight for all-day wear
- dress them up OR down
- upgradable earring hooks (great for sensitive ears)
- perfectly priced for gifting!
So, do we (or these stunning photos) have you ready to shop tassels yet?
We’ve got a couple of options for you!
We’ll be POPPING UP on June 8th (with the Tassel Bar in tow) for the National Best Friend’s Day celebration at Cotton & Co Vintage Boutique in Keymar, Maryland.
In addition to the whole boutique filled with high end vintage dealers and artisan vendors, we’ll be joined by Black Ankle Vineyards out on the patio.
So, grab your bestie (or your favorite graduate) and head over for a fun day out!
(Oh, and Keymar, Maryland is a small town close to the Westminster, Taneytown and Frederick areas. We’ll be all over Maryland this summer, so jump on our email list to find out if we’re coming to a town near you!)
Can’t wait until June? Who could blame you! Our online shop is always open!
And we’ve even got some new tassel designs to kick off the summer season!
Or, for a more subtle (and beachy) vibe, these Navy Tassels with White and Aqua Gemstones are the perfect fit. Plus, these will transition beautifully into your fall and winter wardrobes, too!
Light or Dark Grey… which is your favorite?
Don’t worry. We can’t decide either. But the good news is, there’s no wrong choice! Whichever tassel is your favorite, don’t wait too long to snag it. You’ll want to be wearing them all summer long, so don’t miss out!
You can check out all of our latest arrivals in the New Designs section of our online Jewelry Shop!
(and, be sure to keep an eye out in the coming weeks because we’ve got a lot of new pretties on their way!)
Our good friend Dawn, over at Silver Linings Lavender, is hosting a Mother’s Day Monarch Festival and we are excited to be popping up as a vendor this weekend.
You may recognize Dawn (or her logo)… she is part of our Tuesdays Together group for The Rising Tide Society. Silver Linings and J’Adorn also have an on-going collaboration of essential oils and diffuser bracelets!
Here’s what Dawn has to say about the inspiration and purpose for the monarch festival…
- Monarch butterfly populations have been drastically declining.
- Their caterpillars only eat one type of plant, called milkweed. As human development grows, milkweed habitat disappears. You can help by planting milkweed in your yard and even creating pollinator gardens.
- Come to our event and purchase a milkweed plant or even learn to care for some free milkweed seeds and enjoy the beautiful weekend with your favorite mom!
- Proceeds from the event will benefit Monarchwatch.org.
Need more information? Here’s a link to the Facebook event!
J’Adorn Designs will be there with a table full of our favorite styles for spring and summer. We’ll also have our TASSEL BAR in tow!
Want a sneak peek?! Check out these photos from last weekend’s pop up at MayFair Market!
Jewelry Photography: BaM Co Create
We’re popping up at MayFair Market in Catonsville!
Get your Mother’s Day gifts, treat yourself, and learn a new skill or two
We’re Bringing J’Adorn Designs Jewelry to Maker Practice!
This Sunday, May 5th, come see us at MayFair Market in downtown Catonsville!
Whether you’re still searching for the perfect Mother’s Day gift or you’ve been dying to experience TASSEL BAR for yourself, we’ll have lots of colorful options for you to shop! This pop-up is one you don’t want to miss, featuring some of Baltimore’s finest makers.
Some highlights to check out:
The Tassel Bar: a design-your-own custom jewelry experience!
New tassel jewelry colors for Spring
Vintage J’Adorn treasures at reduced prices
Art & handcrafted goods from local artisans
Mini workshops & live demos
Register for the MayFair Market craft show HERE (it’s free!)
You can also sign up for a workshop during the craft show for a fee.
The artists and makers featured at MayFair Market include:
We hope to see you there!
(But, if you can’t make it… You can still snag a last minute Mother’s Day gift from the Jewelry Shop! Remember, all orders over $50 ship free!)